iPhone 8 has been available on September 22, and iPhone X will come later. If you notice notes missing from iPhone 8 or iPhone X, the guide can help you fix it.
Primo iPhone Data Recovery focuses on iPhone or iPad data recovery. It is fully capable of retrieving missing notes from iPhone 8 or iPhone X. Download it to have a try.
Always, we receive a number of users’ feedbacks saying notes disappeared from iPhones, for example:
- My notes have disappeared from my iPhone 6s. Where are they?
- Notes disappeared! It has happened to me twice now. I lost single folders in my notes.
- My Notes did disappear without any intentional deletion action on my part. The last two years of iPhone notes are simply gone for no apparent reason.
If this happens on your new iPhone 8 or iPhone X as well, we hope the following tips will be helpful. Read on to know how to fix the notes missing from iPhone 8/X problem.
For notes stored locally and have been deleted over 30 days, we recommend you a recovery program – Primo iPhone Data Recovery to retrieve them to phone without backup. Existing data on your iPhone 8/X will not be covered by the iTunes or iCloud backup.
1. Get Primo iPhone Data Recovery installed and Run it on Mac/PC computer.
2. Plug in your iPhone 8/X, select “Recover from iOS Device” and hit “Next” to start scan.
3. Check “Notes & Note Attachment”, select the disappeared notes and click “Recover” button. That’s it.
Notes that are synced with your email account may disappear from your iPhone 8/X when you delete an email address or haven’t entered your email password.
1. On your iPhone 8/X, go to Settings > Mail > Accounts.
2. Tap your account and turn “Notes” on.
Notes stored in iCloud may disappear from iPhone when you turn off iCloud Notes syncing. So to fix notes missing from iPhone 8/X, go to check iCloud syncing.
1. On your iPhone 8/X, go to Settings > [your phone] > iCloud and then turn on “Notes”.
2. Open the Notes app and tap on the back arrow in the upper left corner to check if notes in iCloud are listed here.
The disappeared notes may be carelessly deleted from your iPhone. On iPhone 8 and iPhone X, there is a Recently Deleted folder in Notes app keeping the deleted notes for 30 days. So to fix iPhone 8/X notes missing, check the folder.
1. Open Recently Deleted folder to check if the deleted notes are listed.
2. Tap "Edit" in the upper right corner and select the notes you want to retrieve.
3. Tap "Move to…" in the lower left corner and move the notes to a target folder.
We don’t advice you to restore iPhone from iTunes or iCloud backup, because doing so will cause all current files on your iPhone 8/X are wiped away. However with Primo iPhone Data Recovery, you can extract data from backup without restoring iPhone. Get it to have a try right now >>
Lydia Member of @PrimoSync team, an optimistic Apple user, willing to share solutions about iOS related problems.